The Central Region
Our Shared Culture
Church Planting BASICS Training
Church Planter Assessment Center
Use tab to navigate through the menu items.
Central Region Church Planter Assessment Center
I am providing a reference for:
1. In what context do you know the client (pastor, friend, co-worker, etc.)?
2. How long have you known the client? What dates would you use to best identify your primary involvement in the client's life (e.g., 2006-2012; 2017-2021)?
3. What are his areas of strength and weakness?
4. Please comment on his marriage and family life.
5. Please share five adjectives to describe his spouse.
(COS 4, 5)
6. Is he teachable? Where have you observed this?
7. Describe his relational skills.
8. How have you seen him actively engaging the lost and sharing the gospel?
9. Describe his leadership abilities. Where have you observed this?
10. Please comment on his ability to resolve conflict.
11. What have you seen him start and develop effectively?
12. Describe his public communication skills. Is he clear, compelling and practical?
13. Comment on his work ethic, initiative, and ability to handle many responsibilties at once. How have you observed this?
14. Comment on his team building and utilization skills.
15. How does he handle stress? What creates stress for him?
16. What makes you think he is called to church planting?
17. Are there any concerns you have about his ability to serve as the lead pastor in a church planting effort?
18. Were there any questions you hoped I would not ask? What are they and what are the answers?
19. Do you have any other comments or concerns you would like to make at this time?
Thanks for submitting!